Wednesday, November 19
Thursday, November 6
Saturday, September 27
Tuesday, September 23
Friday, September 19
Saturday, August 30
Challenging people to have buckets of ice water dumped on their head seems fun right?! Well, apparently not everyone thinks so. When I first found out about this phenomenon, (rather late,) I couldn't help but laugh at some of the killjoy reasons people online were citing as to why they disapproved of the ritual. Here are some of my personal favorites:
1. It may be dangerous/damaging to your health
(Um... ok?? And so is taking a bath I suppose...)
2. It is a huge waste of water
(Say goodbye to your swimming pools folks!)
3. It created a vacuum on donations that would have otherwise been spread among other organizations. (Uh, no offense to my FB friends, but I'm pretty confident that most of these people were not originally planning to make a donation of any amount last month to a charity. Most people do not donate on a regular basis. Sad, but factual.)
But here is the response that truly shocked me:
To sum it up: part of the donations made to the ALS Association are helping fund embryonic stem cell research. As a Christian, I believe human life is precious and I believe life begins at conception. (And I believe conception happens at fertilization- but that's another subject entirely.)
Whether the embryos are harvested or being utilized post abortion, I am completely convinced that this is an immoral practice.
It sickens me to consider how many pro-life born again believers have unknowingly contributed to an institution that will fund this unethical research and lobby for it in the future. But, as we know: Knowledge is power. And now that you have this knowledge, you have the power to make an informed decision.
So if you have yet to make your donation... Here are some of your options
1. You can specify on your check/donation that you do not want your funds used to support embryonic stem cell research.
(I personally do not trust an institution like this to honor my request... But apparently Dave Ramsey does.)
2. You can donate to a different organization that does similar research minus the unethical part. (See the John Paul II Medical Research Institute website for an alternative.)
3. If you simply wish to participate in charitable giving, (and therefore obey the Scriptural command to help the poor and needy,) but don't have a preference as to the cause, perhaps I can help.
Here are a couple of organizations who have a superb history of good stewardship of funds, and who are meeting very real, very important needs- both physical and spiritual.
Sponsoring children in need is breaking the cycle of poverty
Compassion International exists as a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enables them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults.
This organization is promoted by numerous Christian music artists who have been able to travel with and see/be apart of the inner workings of this ministry. Their tax information is available on their website. We have sponsored a child in Tanzania through this program for the last 5 years.
BACK 2 BASICS MINISTRY is a non-profit 501(c)(3) ministry that brings the love of God to forgotten teenagers that live on the streets, in shelters, RTC’S foster homes, mental facilities, by providing consistent healthy, loving relationships, and addressing individual spiritual, emotional, and material needs.
I am personally acquainted with the founder of this organization, and have had the opportunity numerous times to volunteer at their events. They are meeting a need that some are completely unaware of, and they are changing lives. I know they would appreciate your support!
Tuesday, July 1
Thursday, March 20
What is the Charlotte Mason method?
What is the Unit Study method?
What is the School Bus approach? (Teaching multiple ages at the same time)
Click here for the Creation Booklet idea from Pinterest
Thursday, March 6
Kidstv123 YouTube channel
ABC Song Video
Phonics Song 2
Phonics Song 3
Letter Sounds Video
Thursday, February 27
Thursday, January 23
If you have questions or are wondering about a specific topic, please message me or leave a comment so I will know which content will be most helpful for me to cover next. Thanks for watching!!!