We all pray for our kids. But if you're anything like me, most days it's sort of a monotonous little chant of, "Lord, please keep them safe and healthy" Well, I know there are important things I should be praying daily over my children, but sometimes a detailed list doesn't spring to my mind as I'm sleepily tucking them into bed at night.
So, when I listened to a sermon on this topic and printed out this fantastic LIST (I LOVE lists... :) I thought I should pass it along! This list is taken from a sermon by Mr. Tom Harmon- one of our favorites on embassyinstitute.org.
If you are not a member of embassy.... well- you REALLY should check it out!! But, you can also listen to sermons from Mr. Harmon for free on his website tdharmon.com/sermon
16 Things to Pray for Your Children
1. Their salvation
2. Their future mate
3. That they would fall in love with God's Word
4. That God would keep them from the evil one
5. That they would have a conscience void of offense before God and man
6. That their character would be more valuable to them than their credentials
7. That they would stand up for what's right even if it means standing alone
8. That they would be kept from the love of money
9. That they would be kept morally pure
10. That they would have the heart of a servant
11. That eternity would burn in their hearts
12. That sin would always be distasteful to them and that they would be easily broken over sin
13. That they would love each other
14. That they would trust God with their parents and not allow rebellion to set in
15. Regardless of hardship that they wouldn't become bitter against God
16. That our boys would be glad to be boys and our girls would be glad to be girls
I thought this was an incredible list, and I also added this one to my list:
That they would be filled with and sensitive to God's spirit.